Creamy spinach dish with delicious cubes of paneer. This dish can really vary in-terms of healthiness. You can choose to add cream or more butter, I prefer to not go overboard but honestly, it does taste better with more creaminess.
|Garlic Ginger Paste||1 tsp|
|Paneer||10 small cubes|
|Chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Garam Masala||0.5 tsp|
- Blanche the spinach for a couple of minutes and remove. Blend if you want the spinach to be smooth at the end, otherwise finely chop the spinach.
- Chop/blend the onions and keep aside. Dice the onions and tomatoes.
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil in a hot pan. Add onions.
- Once the onions turn golden, add the ginger and garlic paste. Fry for a couple of minutes on medium heat
- Add the tomatoes along with all the spices. Cover and cook for 5 mins until tomatoes have released water. Cook uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for 10 mins.
- Add butter/cream if you like, add the paneer and cook for a further 2-3 mins. For extra texture, grill the paneer on each side to create a crispy crust outside before adding to the pan