The perfect brunch. The sweetness of the onions and peppers with the smokiness of paprika makes this dish the perfect brunch. To give it an extra special something, add some chorizo.
|Chilli Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Sourdough Bread||2 slices|
|Olive Oil||3 tbsp|
1. Chop up the onions and peppers. The size depends on how you want the sauce. You don’t need to be extra careful in how big the pieces are, but try to keep them the same size. If you want the sauce to have some ‘bits’, make small dices.
2. Finely chop the garlic. You can also thinly slice this
3. Heat the olive oil to medium heat. You don’t want it to smoke.
4. Add the onions and let them sweat for 5-10 mins until they are golden and translucent. Add a pinch of salt to help with this process.
5. Add the garlic, you don’t want the garlic to burn so make sure to adjust the heat if needed.
6. Add the peppers once the garlic is light brown and let the peppers cook for 5-10 mins.
7. Add the tomatoes and spices. Spread out everything evenly in the pan and cook over medium heat until you reach a thick consistency, the water from the tomatoes should be evaporated by now. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
8. Make two holes with the back of your wooden spoon, crack open the eggs one by one in the holes. If you want to be careful, you can crack the eggs in a bowl first and then tip the eggs in the hole one by one. Cover the pan and simmer.
9. Check the eggs after 2-3 mins and take off the heat once you are satisfied with the yolk consistency.
10. Add some coriander for garnish.
11. Serve with some butter spread sourdough.