Spicy basil fried rice!My favourite fried rice dish, okay maybe joint top alongside nasi goreng!
|1 day old Rice||1.5 cup|
|Pre Cooked Prawns||150g|
|Onion||1 medium diced|
|Bird eye chillies||3|
|Basil||Handful (big handful)|
|Dark Soy Sauce||1 tbsp|
|Light Soy Sauce||3 tbsp|
|Oyster Sauce||2 tbsp|
|Sesame oil||0.5 tsp|
|Olive oil||5 tbsp|
- Slice the chicken into small thin pieces.
- Mix the Soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil in a bowl.
- Grind the chillies, garlic in a pester and mortar by adding a little bit of the olive oil. Add a pinch of salt to help the process.
- Preheat a wok and add some oil. Add the onions.
- After a couple of minutes add the chilli garlic paste. Fry for a couple of minutes, then add the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add carrots and add the rice.
- Once the rice is fully heated (the grains can be separated), Add the sauce and mix straight away before lumps of rice form. Add the chopped up basil and mix well.
P.S If you want to add an extra something, add a fried egg on top and serve alongside cucumbers to help with the spiciness! Feel free to take out chicken or prawns!