You’ll be surprised how different and better pesto tastes when made fresh
|Garlic||1 medium clove|
|Pine nuts||15g (1 handful)|
|Olive oil||5 tbsp|
|Parmesan||1 tbsp finely grated|
- Use a Pestel and Mortar to mash the garlic with a pinch of salt.
- Add the pine nuts and mash with the garlic to form a fine paste. Add a bit more salt if needed.
- Add the Basil and grind. It might take a bit of work, but keep at it until it’s as fine as possible.
- Start adding the olive oil slowly, stirring as you add.
- Add the butter and use the pestle to mix it in.
- Add the parmesan and mix it in.
- Taste for seasoning and you’re done!
P.S When you add the pesto to pasta, make sure to use some of the pasta water, it will help the pesto stick to the pasta!