Homemade stock is definitely better than store-bought!
|Neutral oil||1 tbsp|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and roast the chicken bones for 15 mins. They should be a light/dark brown colour.
- While the chicken is in the oven, cut the onions, carrots, mushrooms in large chunks.
- Add the oil to a heated deep stock pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, mushroom, rosemary, thyme.
- Fry for a couple of minutes, then add the chicken and the water. Bring to a boil and add the salt.
- Cook for around 1-2 hours. Every 30 mins, feel free to take the scum off the top so you get a clear broth at thend.
- When you are happy with your stock, strain it to get just the broth.
- You can freeze the stock for up to 3 months in an airtight jar. You can also store in fridge for 1-3 days.