Traditional Georgian Food – perfect as a starter
|Blue Fenugreek Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Marigold Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Red hot chilli powder or cayenne pepper powder||1 teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 tablespoons|
|Warm water||100 mls|
- Walnut paste:
- Chop 1 onion and fry in pan. Set aside
- Add the following to a food processor- 200 g of walnuts, 3 cloves of garlic, ground coriander powder, ground marigold, ground blue fenugreek, red chilli powder or cayenne powder, fried onions, salt, 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar and some hot water. Blend until this produces a fine paste. The resulting paste should have the consistency of pesto.
- Preparing the aubergine:
- Cut aubergines into thin slices, coat with salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes discard the bitter juices released by the aubergines
- Pat dry the aubergine slices and then pan fry then- each side takes approximately 3 minutes.
- Alternatively you can sprinkle with oil and bake for 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- Add the walnut paste on one side of the aubergine slice and roll it.
- Garnish was pomegranates and coriander.