Its creamier than the traditional chicken karahi!
|Cumin Seeds||1 tsp|
|Coriander Seeds||1 tsp|
|White pepper||1 tsp|
|Whole Chicken |
(Cut into 12 pieces)
|Olive/Vegetable Oil||2 tbsp|
- Dry roast the cumin and coriander until fragrant
- Use a grater to mince the onion and drain the water by squeezing it
- Finely mince the ginger and garlic
- Slit the green chillies open and cut in half
- Fry the chicken in the oil on high heat for 2 mins. It should have some brown spots or be white on the outside but raw on the inside.
- Add the ginger and garlic, lower the heat to medium and wait until fragrant.
- Add the minced onion and chillies and cook for 5 mins.
- Add salt, white pepper, cumin and coriander and mix thoroughly.
- Add the yoghurt and cook for 5-10 mins with lid on until chicken is cooked through and the colour has darkened. If the sauce is too watery, you can turn the heat up with lid off to evaporate some of the water.
- Add the cream at the end and cook for a minute.
- Add the coriander and serve.