Traditional Turkish flatbread. There are many topping options and you can customise according to your taste!
|Dry yeast||1 teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||200 grams|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Cheese||Kasar cheese or Mozzarella/Cheddar|
- Add water sugar to a large bowl ad mix
- Add dried yeast and mix
- Add milk
- Add vegetable oil
- Add the all purpose flour
- Add salt.
- Knead the flour to make a dough
- Rest the dough for 30 minutes
- Cut the dough in half to make two dough balls
- Flour your work surface. Flatten the dough with your hands.
- Roll the dough into a long and elliptical shape 30 cm long and 15 cm wide
- Add the cheese
- Roll the sides of the dough to make a boat shape
- Preheat the oven to 240 C
- Lightly flour the oven tray and add the dough to it.
- Add your toppings- I choose to add Sujuk, spring onions, tomatoes
- Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Brush the edges with butter