Nothing beats a decent smash burger. It doesn’t require much prep and you only really need 3 main ingredients!
|Minced Beef (20% Fat)||300g|
|Toasted Bun (Potato/Brioche/Seeded)||2|
|American Cheese||4 slices|
|Whatever else you want to add||unlimited|
- Split the burgers into 4 meatballs. Around 75g per meatball.
- Get a pan really hot. And I mean really hot. If you don’t have a cast iron or heavy bottom pan, just pre heat a normal pan for at least 5-10 mins. If it is non stick you don’t need any oil.
- Place the meatballs on the pan, do 2 at a time at most and do not crowd the pan.
- Put a bit of grease proof paper at the top, use any flat object you have (e.g the bottom of another pan) to smash the burger down. Get it as thin as possible.
- Generously season the burgers with salt and pepper and let the bottom side cook all the way (2-3 mins).
- When you see a brown crust forming at the bottom, flip the burgers.
- Season again, add American cheese. Put one patty over another and onto the toasted buns.
P.S Some topping you could add: Grilled onions, bacon, lettuce, pickles
If you want a quick burger sauce you can combine the following ingredients:
1tbsp Ketchup, 1tbsp Mayo, 0.5 tbsp mustard, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar/pickle juice, chopped up pickles. Pinch of salt and pepper.