Yes honestly, this is just a recipe on how to boil rice.
- Soak the rice for 10 mins or longer if you can.
- Rinse the rice a few times, you can do it until water runs clear but that will take ages.
- Fill a saucepan with boiling water and add salt. Add rice.
- Cook for around 5 mins, check to see if rice is cooked 3/4 of the way. The way you know this is the rice is still seperate and when you press on it, it breaks but not easily.
- Drain the water. Add the rice back to the pot.
- Cover with lid and put on lowest heat possible. Steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Let the rise sit uncovered for a minute before you fluff it up.
P.S it honestly just takes becomes muscle memory after a couple of tries.