|Aubergines||3-4 small to medium sized|
|Ground Beef||300 grams|
|Chili paste||1 tbs|
|Tomato paste||1 tbs|
|Chili flakes||1 tsp|
- Wash the aubergines and coat/rub them with salt and set aside. This removes their bitterness
- For the Filling
- Chop an onion, 1 green chilli and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the chopped onions to it. Cook until they are translucent.
- Add 300g of ground beef and cook until it turns slightly brown
- Add the chopped chillis, chilli flakes (1 tsp) and garlic and mix.
- Add the chilli and tomato paste
- Cook for 3-5 minutes
- Grate a tomato and add to the pan
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add chopped parsley and mix
- Set this aside
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add tomato paste 1 tbs
- Add chilli paste 1 tbs
- Add 1 cup of warm water and mix until combined.
- Wash the aubergine and dry
- Make an incision along the long axis of the aubergines
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the aubergines
- Once they are fried remove from pan and pat dry with paper towel
- Transfer the aubergines to a baking dish
- Use spoons to gently widen the incision made on the aubergines
- Now add the mince beef filling into the aubergines
- Roughly slice green chillies and tomato for garnish. Add then on-top of the aubergines
- Now pour the sauce over the aubergines
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Add the aubergines to the oven and cook for 30 minutes
- Serve hot by itself or pair with rice.